Team McKinky

Team McKinky

Saturday, January 14, 2012

We're Back! Maybe. And 'How to Make an Earring Holder'

Well, it's been about a million years since we posted last, but now that I have a laptop, I think we might actually be picking back up on this blog! Don't quote me on that...I am really bad about uploading pictures, so we'll see what happens. Assuming we stay on top of this, we have a plethora of old crafts, improvements and trips to post.
I finally got around to making an earring holder for all of my earrings. I bought an empty frame from Hobby Lobby and some lace. I used my staple gun to first staple the lace to the back of the frame, and then pulled it tighter and stapled the inner part of the back of the frame (where the glass would normally lay).
After completing that, I realized that the white lace looked TERRIBLE with the cream frame. Luckily, I had some 'Antique White' spray paint from an old project. I taped up the frame, and then spray painted the lace to an off-white. It matched perfectly! Even better, I think the coat of paint might have reinforced the lace threads.
Once that dried, I hung the frame up on the wall, and hung my earrings up. They are now up and on display, and easily accessible!

1 comment:

  1. Eileen it's beautiful! And the wall color showing through from behind just accentuates the lace even more. If I weren't already way too happy with the earring sculpture I received at Christmas, I'd request one of these.

    ReplyDelete